In Wellspring House, Ann and Preston have attempted to develop not only lodging but also a sense of place imbued with the interrelation between the human environment and the natural one.
Originally a carriage house, built circa 1890, Wellspring House was completely renovated by Ann with an emphasis on private and quiet spaces. It is set against a densely wooded hill with winding paths and sheltered nooks. Surrounding the house are terraces and flower and vegetable gardens. In season, raspberries and blackberries grow wild on the fringes of the property, which is bordered on two sides by towering spruce trees.
“The whole house is a muse – a genius of place.”
– Jody Cothey